Did you know that you’ve probably been paying more than your fair share to the tax man from the day you started your business?
- Business structures – the tax advantages of companies, partnerships, limited partnerships, Look Through Companies (LTCs) and trusts.
- Fringe Benefit Tax – FBT advice on vehicles and other non-cash benefits.
- International Tax for Companies – double taxation, overseas branches, thin capitalisation, and transfer pricing.
- International Tax for Individuals – foreign-sourced income, investments, and superannuation.
- IRD Investigations – commonly called an audit, we can help you though an IRD investigation. If you have received notification or a risk review or audit, you should contact us. You can read more about this area on our blog here.
- Property Investment – commercial and residential rentals
- Tax Residency – when do you need to pay tax on your worldwide income in New Zealand?
learns of another than that of draining money
from the pockets of the people”.
– Adam Smith.
The Wealth of Nations. 1776.
Inland Revenue (IR) has recently released information setting out the tax rules which apply on fees paid to board members. The way taxation applies to any fees paid to members will depend on the personal circumstances of the individual member and the terms of their contract/appointment. Employees Many SME companies…
When you purchase a business, thought needs to be given to how you will value assets like stock, property and financial arrangements. Inland Revenue has brought in Purchase Price Allocation Rules to standardise the process. The rules apply from 1 July 2021 and will ensure that both the purchaser and…
Inland Revenue have announced that a new resident withholding tax rate for high income earners is now available. If you are New Zealand resident, income that you earn from interest and dividends has tax deducted “at source”. This means that it should be tax free when it is paid to…